Housing conditions in the private rented sector are the worst of any type of housing in the UK.Recent surveys conducted by housing charities found that more than 90% of environmental health officers said they had encountered cases of severe damp, mould, electrical or fire safety hazards in private properties they investigated in recent years. The requirement for safe, adequate housing conditions has long been led by Environmental Health Professionals and the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) was introduced in 2006 to replace the housing repair standards of the 1985 Housing Act (amended in 1989)
Changes in the UK’s political and fiscal climate has led to increased pressures on Local Authorities and in some cases councils are experiencing difficulties in meeting demand for effective private rented housing surveys. It is when facing these situations that a consultancy with a proven track record will prove invaluable to Local Authorities.
At ET Environmental Consultancy we have consultants that can provide you with immediate cover for sickness, planned absence or interim staff due to budgetary pressures.
- ET Environmental Consultancy can provide Local Authorities with the following housing services:
- Surveys can be carried out quickly, as and when required.
- Fast results – reports created and forwarded immediately.
- Fully qualified and Local Authority experienced surveyors under the HHSRS.
- Long/short term contracts to suit you.